Axiom Will Showcase Integrated Structures Inc.
Imagine a building that doesnt burn and that suffers virtually no damage from the maximum credible earthquake. Then go a step further and imagine that this building is also sustainable - lasting hundreds of years and requiring little or no energy to heat or cool it.
Integrated Structures Inc. will be presenting its Spar Membrane Structure (SMS) sustainable building system and designs. The SMS system, which features thin structural concrete membranes surrounding an Ultra-high R value insulating core, has received two United States patents.
Let Gary Black, PE, and Cullen Burda demonstrate to you why low energy and durable SMS is the ideal solution for winery buildings.
Axiom EngineersSM developed or perfected many of the innovations now spreading through winery operations and facilities. These include:
- >> Low-maceration, high-volume fruit handling;
- >> Self-emptying, high-slope fermentation tanks;
- >> The ThermalNet© cave no-airflow radiant cooling system;
- >> The direct red lees tank to press concept that eliminates all sluicing or manual emptying of tanks;
- >> Stacked-tank rack and return concept;
- >> The first practical small winery automated pump-over system;
- >> A high temp (180 F) process hot water heat pump system that replaces expensive propane;
- >> Micro-turbine cogeneration systems for low cost electricity and a smaller carbon footprint;
- >> Tank-supported catwalks, which eliminate catwalk and platform columns.
Axiom EngineersSM is proud of our extensive knowledge of all winery facility types and process operations, and have executed over 100 projects that aided the success of our clients.
Axioms Guest at UWG: WFT Wine Technology
Klaus Deschka will demonstrate the VinPilot® winemaking system. An entire cellar management program is available for the oenologist with VinPilot®Profi-Manager software. Approaching winery operations from the wine makers perspective, with VinPilot®, the entire winemaking process can be documented via a mouse click, including fruit and additive sourcing, fermentation and sugar curves, all lot relocations, splits, blends, and treatments, and other winemaking processes. The entire traceability of production steps and documentation according to legal requirements is easy and fast. The system is cost effective and proven in wineries on four continents.
The world class VinPilot®Profi-Manager software is supplied as part of the VinPilot®Profi fermentation control family at no additional cost. The VinPilot®Profi product line combines proven European industrial process control technology with a modern modular plug-and-play design that is easy to install and use, and ensures high operating reliability. With the VinPilot®Profi-Manager software the fermentation can be automatically controlled to a predetermined temperature and sugar profile or according to CO2 production if desired. Controllers can provide additional functions such as micro-macro oxygenation or a cycle control for pumpovers.
Klaus Deschka, Guest of Axiom Engineers, Owner, Vinpilot® Fermentation Control